Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bald but Beautiful

10-1-09 Kecia's mom just called me and said that they have taken Kecia's measurements and will do her first radiation treatment in about an hour. Both she and Kecia were crying. Her doctor talked to her about the side effects of radiation on the brain. She should expect to have severe headaches, nausea, severe fatigue, and 100% hair loss. Only two weeks ago she started going in to work a few hours a week and joined the Bible study where she is developing new friendships. She commented that it finally felt like she was getting her life back. She bought a few nice skirts, has long hair again (even if it isn't her own) and was trying to get back in shape. Realizing that she is starting over is so painful for her. Thank you all for you constant prayer. We have seen God work a miracle for Kecia once. Let's ask Him to do it again. I am praying for complete recovery from cancer!

2 comments:

My Lion's Lair said...

Jennifer, thank you for writing this. I have wondered about her progress but felt uneasy about approaching her on the subject. I know that God loves Kecia and that He is able to heal her. That is what I am asking Him to do for her. Please let me know if I can do anything to help.
Bryan

Unknown said...

I am praying for Kecia, knowing that God has his hands wrapped around her and he will continue to be the deliverer we all know him to be.