Sunday, September 13, 2009

Infection update

9-13-09 Kecia made it in to work for a few hours this week...her first time back in a very long time. She was still struggling to beat the infection in her breast so she was not feeling great physically, but mentally and emotionally it was wonderful for her. She called me on the way home and said "I know it's not a big deal to anyone else, and it really sounds little, but I feel so good. I know I do work at home too, but it just feels more productive when I do it there with everyone else." She plans on going in for a couple half days this week too and hopefully it will just become standard procedure until she is able to go back on a larger scale. She battled a virus for about 3 days following her trip into work but is feeling much better now. She was already taking a pretty strong antibiotic for the breast infection so it probably helped to keep it under control. Her doctor says she is still on target for her mid-December reconstruction surgery so that is good news. She would like to hurry up and get that behind her.
We met some of the girls in our new Bible study this weekend and it was really nice. We are both looking forward to that.
It's so nice to be able to tell you the good news and not follow it up with anything else. Have a great week and don't forget to thank God for all the little blessings in your life! It's amazing how many I notice now on a regular basis that I didn't really think about until Kecia's diagnosis.
Jen

No comments: