Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kecia is home from the hospital! Her surgery went as planned and she is recovering well. She reports being sore, but not any more than expected. Last time Kecia had surgery, it bothered her that she always had to ask for help everytime she had an itch because her incision site was too sore to reach. The girls and I left her a personalized backscratcher so she won't have that problem this time around. They are expecting to be able to move forward with the daily radiation treatments in the next 2-3 weeks. That is scheduled to last 7 weeks. I didn't see Kecia today, but we spoke several times and she sounded very positive and upbeat. She was proud to tell me that she had recently purchased her first Bible. I know there are several in her parents' home, but I hadn't realized that Kecia didn't have one of her very own. I wish I had known...that would have made a great gift during all these surgeries and hospital stays. Oh well, she has one now! Will update again soon.....

No comments: